SELF-NURTURING DOES WHAT SELF-COMPASSION DOES NOT... TRANSFORMING THE TORMENT OF SHAME
Starts Apr 19, 2024Starts Apr 19, 2024
560 US dollars
In this second workshop, participants will experience the Self-Nurturing process as developed by Violet Oaklander, Ph. D. as an essential aspect of Gestalt Play Therapy in shifting a child’s shame-based sense of self to a more alive, energetic, and integrated source of choice and action.
It is recommended that participants have attended Part 1 of this Series.
There is a difference between being compassionate towards a hated aspect of self and being able to nurture and even transform a way of being. This workshop will explore this distinction and provide experiential learning opportunities to be better prepared to bring the process of Self-Nurturing into their clinical work. The approach of Self-Nurturing will be contrasted with teachers in self-compassion, whether researchers or spiritual teachers.
1. Participants will identify two distinctions between self-compassion and self-nurturing.
2. Participants will be able to write a coherent statement about the Gestalt theory of change.
3. Participants will be able to identify three phases of the self-nurturing process as developed by Violet Oaklander, Ph.D
4. Participants will observe the self-nurturing process with a child demonstrator.
5. Participants will practice the process in a client/therapist practicum.
6. Participants will discuss/question use of this process with a child client in a small group.
Solvang, CA (In-Person)
Presenter: Felicia Carroll, LMFT, RPT-S
Cancellation notice must be received two weeks in advance (four weeks for intensive programs) of the program starting dates. The registration fee may not be refunded for a last minute notification. Notification must be in writing to WCI either through email or snail mail. With this notice, paid fees can be refunded or applied to a future program if available for registration at the time of cancellation. If for any reason, WCI cancels a program, all fees will be refunded. WCI is not responsible for any travel or lodging costs due to cancellations. For Groups: should any group member(s) cancel or not complete any remaining balance for any reason, leaving only one individual as part of the group, the discounted amount will be payable by the remaining member for their individual registration.